Opioids are potent and highly addictive drugs that may be prescribed by a doctor for pain. Opioids also include heroin and illegal synthetics. Although effective for relieving pain after major surgery and other short-term medical use, prescription opioid addiction, misuse, and overdose has become a national health crisis.
An opioids lawsuit lawyer with Tosi Law LLC can pursue recovery if you or a family member suffered physical, emotional, and financial damages. You could be entitled to compensation for medical bills, drug treatment programs, pain and suffering, or wrongful death.
Please call our firm anytime at 888-312-2518 for a free case review.
We Hold Liable Parties Accountable for Your Injuries and Damages
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) estimates that 130 Americans die each day from opioid overdose. While some of these deaths are attributed to heroin and other illegal street drugs, many overdoses are from legally prescribed medication. Even more troubling, NIDA estimates that more than 1.7 million Americans suffered from addiction issues related to prescribed opioids in 2017.
Tosi Law LLC will seek compensation for you and your family if we can prove that medical negligence was the cause of opioid abuse or overdose.
Conditions that may entitle you to compensation include:
- Improper prescription of opioids for a patient's health and risk factors for addiction.
- Misdiagnosis of the underlying medical condition for which pain relief was prescribed.
- Failure to recognize symptoms of misuse, abuse, addiction, or overdose.
- Improper dosage and other errors in filling the prescription by a pharmacy or hospital.
- Insufficient warnings of opioid risk and potential for abuse, addiction, and overdose.
- Failure to prescribe alternative, non-opioid medication and/or treatment for pain management and relief.
A competent and caring medical professional would not intentionally play a role in a patient's opioid misuse or overdose. However, some medical providers, facilities, and drug companies are reckless about the dangers of opioids. We will hold these parties accountable and seek compensation on your behalf.
For a free case review with Tosi Law LLC, call 888-312-2518.
If Medical Negligence Is a Factor, You Could Recover Compensation
As nationwide mass tort and class action litigation lawyers, we know that certain conditions must be met to show liability in an opioid lawsuit. An opioid lawyer from Tosi Law LLC will carefully evaluate your case to determine if medical negligence contributed to your injuries and damages.
What Is Required to Seek Damages in an Opioids Lawsuit
An opioids lawsuit lawyer with our firm will set up the groundwork of proving liability to seek compensation for your damages. If we are seeking recovery from a medical professional, this process may include:
- Establishing a practitioner-patient relationship and that they owed you a standard of care.
- Showing how this standard of care was breached in some way (for example, not recognizing an overdose).
- Demonstrating that this medical negligence resulted in bodily injuries including loss of life.
- Proving you or your loved one's injuries led to damages such as medical bills, disability, mental anguish, or loss of life.
You are invited to call Tosi Law LLC for a free case review. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis only. You owe us no attorney fees unless and until we are able to secure compensation for you. Please call 888-312-2518 anytime, seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
We Will Protect Your Rights and Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
The opioid crisis affects millions of Americans and we have seen first-hand its devastating impact on our clients. We are ready and determined to take on the liable parties who caused injury to you or a family member.
Actions and role of the defendant will guide our legal strategy. Broadly, there are three categories that are considered when determining negligence in an opioids lawsuit:
- Improper treatment by a medical provider or facility, including negligence in prescribing the opioid or continuing to refill the prescription.
- Inaccurate diagnosis for the underlying medical condition requiring pain relief.
- Insufficient education and warning to patients about the risk of opioid misuse or overdose.
Legal Action in the Fight Against Opioid Abuse
More medical providers, facilities, and even giant corporations are being held accountable for contributing to the opioid crisis. According to National Public Radio, a judge recently ruled that Janssen, the pharmaceutical subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, played a significant role in rising addiction rates and overdose deaths in Oklahoma and ordered Johnson & Johnson to pay $572 million in damages to the state for its misleading prescription opioid marketing that fueled that state's opioid problem.
Tosi Law LLC was established by lawyers who believe in justice for people who are injured by someone's intentional or careless actions. Our team is here for you throughout the entire process of seeking compensation.
For a free case review, please call 888-312-2518.
Lawyer for Opioids Lawsuit Near Me
Opioid addiction brings overwhelming consequences for the patient and their loved ones. Obviously, the most tragic result is losing a family member. It is difficult for many to break the addiction of prescription opioids, and the longer someone uses opioids, the greater the risk of an overdose.
An opioids lawsuit lawyer with Tosi Law LLC will seek maximum compensation for your damages which might include:
- Medical bills for treating physical and psychological damage of opioids
- Lost wages, current and future
- Lifecare expenses
- Hospitalization or treatment center
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Mental anguish
Most states have a statute of limitations on filing an opioid lawsuit. You do not want to miss your opportunity for rightful compensation if you qualify. Please call Tosi Law LLC at 888-312-2518 for a free, no-obligation case review.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Call For A FREE Case Review!
Get straightforward answers from an experienced lawyer. Call us at 888-312-2518 anytime, day or night.